Sunday, January 20, 2013


TREADING ON SO MANY LEGS!

On return after being crowned Miss World at yet another beauty pageant, our very own “Made in India”, the Beauty Queen (BQ) had a telephonic conversation with the Prime Minister, which went somewhat along these lines.  The conversation can also hold good for the future Beauty Queens and the Prime Minister/s with suitable corrections.   The interview has been ‘edited’ and “resemblance to any person is purely coincidental and unintentional.”  
PM: Welcome back to India, Miss ABC.  Congratulations on doing India and all of us proud by winning the Miss World contest.  How did it feel to be crowned the new Miss World?
BQ: Much the same like our political parties feel after pulling the rug from under the government’s feet, sir.
PM: …..You want only to prove that beauty is not headless.
BQ: So I have sir.  Just as your government has been rendered a headless beauty, or should I say a sleeping beauty with many heads.
PM: (clearing the throat) You beautiful ambassadors really do the world good by bringing it closer. How do you make it possible?
BQ: It is all very simple sir.  We don’t espouse any doctrines, nor do we have to put up with Third and Fourth front (though we do rely on our swaying backs). Thus, we steer ourselves without committees, core groups and such useless paraphernalia.
PM: That’s a real revelation.  I’ll definitely keep it in mind.  What were your thoughts on being crowned the Miss World?
BQ: Honestly sir, my heart and head kept racing back to you.  I couldn’t help admiring your qualities.  In fact, you were a role model for me.
PM: That’s really flattering to hear.  Long time since I got compliments from someone.  Otherwise…………….these Press people they just keep baying for my blood.  Can I have the honour of asking as to how I served as the role model for you?
BQ: I wondered sir, that we models practise swaying on two legs and find even that pretty difficult.  But you managed to tread the political ramp on so many legs without any previous practice sir.
PM: It’s all in the game, dear.  But then, you must have heard that politics is the art of the impossible.
BQ: With your permission Prime Minister sir, I would venture to say that politics is the art of doing the possible in an impossible way.
PM: You certainly are blessed with the gift of the gab.
BQ: Now may I, with your permission, PM sir, take the liberty of asking you something?
PM: On politics?
BQ: No sir, politics does not interest me.  I have a personal question, sir.  It is said that behind every successful man there is a woman.  Who is behind your success?
BQ: Whatever you may sir, I am a really fan of yours.  You really are a gentleman and a likeable PM.
PM: Thanks a ton.  Your words sound sweet music to my ears.  How I wish my colleagues could think of me the way you do.
BQ: One final request, sir.  There are reports in the Press that you are likely to contest the coming elections.  Sir, could I have the pleasure of canvassing for you?
PM: (sounding uncomfortable and distraught) No, no, please!!  I appreciate your help, but I am sorry, I can’t do anything………..ask the Election Commission!!!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment